HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Wednesday 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 1st & 3rd Saturdays 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Minimum charge (pickup truck or utility trailer) – $20
- Single-axle dump truck (8-11 yards) – $40
- Single- & double-axle dump truck (12-20 yards) – $80
- Tri-axle dump truck (12-25 yards) – $100
- Utility/dump trailer (2′ high body) – $30
- Utility/dump trailer (4′ high body) – $60
- Roll-off dumpsters & tractor trailers PROHIBITED
- Scrap metal
- Empty paint cans
- Old carpet
- Tree limbs
- Burned garbage
- Oil containers
- Food containers
- Pressure-treated wood
- Medical waste
- Propane cylinders
- Loose papers
- Auto parts
- Dead animals
- Liquid soaps
- NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE WHAT SO EVER
- Household garbage is accepted at the transfer station Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. across the road at 2065 Co. Rd. 811, Wedowee. (Phone 334-625-1700)
- All garbage bags are to be opened for inspection upon request.
- No out-of-county items will be accepted.
- Limit 1 mattress & 1 box spring per load.
- Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.) are accepted FREE of charge.
Any citizen/business wishing to dump items at the landfill on a day/time not listed above under the “HOURS OF OPERATION” heading may do so by contacting the Engineering Office at 256-357-4347 (choose option 1) any time Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to arrange the special landfill opening.
There will be a $100 charge added to the normal charge for the special landfill opening, and the special opening must occur Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. – 3 p.m.