Building a County for Every Citizen
The Randolph County Courthouse will be closed for the
Thanksgiving holidays Wednesday, November 23rd and
will reopen Monday, November 28th
Facts about Randolph County
- Founding Date: December 18, 1832
- Area: 585 square miles
- Population: 22,615 (2016 Census estimate)
- Major Waterways: Tallapoosa River
- Major Highways: U.S. 431
- County Seat: Wedowee
- Largest City: Roanoke
Places of interest
- Lake Wedowee – more than 270 miles of shoreline.
- The Tallapoosa River and its many tributaries.
- The Piedmont Plateau Birding Trail.
- The Talladega National Forest.
- The Randolph County Historical Museum in Roanoke